For the surf & turf, use Sam’s recipe to cook the steaks and lobster tails. To find that recipe, click here. Slice into bite sized pieces, and keep warm.
Mango & Grapefruit Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 grapefruit, diced
- 2 TB fresh mint, chopped
- 1 TB fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle of cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and keep cold until time to serve.
Chipotle Avocado Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (if you like more spice, use whole can)
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 TB olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth
- Tastes best with corn tortillas
- Layer steak and lobster mix
- Add salsa
- Drizzle chipotle sauce
- Top with vanilla creme fraiche to balance out the heat from the chipotle sauce.
If you’d like to try the veggie side dish as well, saute 1 zucchini, 1 poblano pepper, and 1 can of corn in a pan with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and queso fresco.
Leftover ingredients mixed in a bowl makes a great next-day taco salad!