- Babes On Broad Red Wine Sauce recipe
- 1 lb of ziti
- 1 15oz container of ricotta cheese
- 1 pack of shredded Italian blend cheese
- 3 TB parmesan
- 2 TB oregano
- 2 TB basil
- 1/2 TB salt
- 1 TB pepper
- 1c shredded mozzarella ( or sliced fresh and broken up into pieces)
- Optional** – ground turkey/sausage/beef/chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the Babes On Broad red wine sauce.
- While that’s simmering, boil water and cook the pasta all the way through.
- ***OPTIONAL STEP! In a sauce pan, cook the ground meat through.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large bowl, combine ricotta, shredded Italian blend cheese, parmesan, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. (And ground meat)
- Drain the pasta and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- When sauce is done, take a large spoonfull (about 1/2c) of the sauce and add to cheese and pasta mixture. Incorporate well.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, dump the pasta mixture and spread evenly. Spoon the sauce overtop so the pasta is well covered. Make sure you save some extra sauce saved for leftovers!
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, and bake for 40 minutes.
Goes perfectly with the Chicken Parm too!